The state of commerce is changing—and accounting is changing along with it. With the emergence of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency as a form of payment, accountants must learn how to account for digital assets or risk being left behind.
Digital asset accounting—also known as cryptocurrency accounting—is a rapidly evolving industry. More and more companies are using digital currency to pay vendors, employees, and contractors. Businesses entering the crypto space need guidance from their accountant in order to leverage this new technology and properly manage their books.
Whether it’s demystifying blockchain and triple-entry accounting, classifying transactions from various digital wallets, or auditing your digital assets, it can be tough to wrap your head around everything.
That's why we decided to compile a list of blockchain and digital asset accounting resources for accountants. We'll be adding to this list periodically, so check back if you don't find what you're looking for.
Digital Asset Accounting Resources
- Triple Entry Accounting: The Innovation Nobody is Talking About - Blockchain changes everything for the accounting industry. Real-time auditing? Reduced financial risk? Gilded CFO and CPA Joey Ryan discusses how triple entry accounting allows you to easily verify your transactions on a tamper-proof ledger: the blockchain.
- Triple entry accounting system: A revolution with blockchain - This Medium article by Kapil Rana is one of the best primers we’ve seen on triple entry accounting.
- Stablecoin Hack #3 - Instant Business Transactions and Simplified Taxes - Shehan Chandrasekera, Head of Tax Strategy at CoinTracker.io, explains the compelling business use case for stablecoins
- 9 Essential Features of Crypto Accounting Software - Sure, you can use spreadsheets, but why would you? Many accountants don’t realize the benefits of crypto accounting software until they see it in action. This article from Gilded details the nine most important features to consider when choosing software.
- AICPA Blockchain Resources - Check out the comprehensive list of blockchain resources from the AICPA.
- The Ultimate Crypto Tax Guide - Tax isn't our thing, but our friends at CryptoTrader.Tax wrote this incredible guide so you know exactly how to handle your crypto taxes.
- Simplifying Crypto B2B Payments - Gilded CFO Joey Ryan, CPA on the Where Accountants Go Podcast
- Blockchain powered seamless invoicing - Joey Ryan on the Crypto Current Podcast
- Journal of Accountancy: Where accounting really stands with blockchain? - Ron Quaranta, CEO of Wall Street Blockchain Alliance, and Erik Asgeirsson, CEO of CPA.com, joined the Journal of Accountancy Podcast
- Cryptocurrency Transactions and Accounting Integrations - Joey Ryan on the LumiQ Podcast
- The Future is AI, automation and blockchain - Joey Ryan on the AICPA Digital CPA Podcast.
- Ask a Crypto CPA Anything - Featuring Joey Ryan, Shehan Chandrasekera, and Dr. Sean Stein Smith
- Accounting Working Group Podcast -Wall Street Blockchain Alliance with Joey Ryan and Dr. Sean Stein Smith
- Blockchain for Business - A learning series for businesses presented by Joey Ryan, CPA and Andrew Gordon, CPA and Crypto Tax Attorney
- Blockchain for Accountants - Webinar 1 - Our CFO Joey Ryan, CPA discusses what accounting pros need to know about blockchain and crypto
- Blockchain for Accountants - Webinar 2 - A deeper dive into blockchain and cryptocurrency, presented by Joey Ryan, CPA.
Gilded Accounting Partner Program
- Apply to become an accounting partner - Join us in our quest to bring digital assets to businesses. You'll receive access to a free Gilded premium account for testing.