While the world quivered and threatened to burst into flames, 2020 has undoubtedly been a big year for Gilded and for the blockchain industry at large.
With new customers, partners, and advisors, 2020 was a year of overcoming challenges, continuous innovation, and serious strides and growth for Gilded.
This past January, we restructured our core mission from crypto accounting to a full-service blockchain back office solution—supporting payments, invoicing, bill pay, and accounting. It's been the most impactful and sustaining decision we've made all year.
Since then, we've had a lot of cool things happen. Here's our 2020 highlights reel.
New features ⚙️
- Recurring invoices - Businesses can power their subscription services or recurring billing by day, week, month, or year in a few clicks.
- QuickBooks integration - Gilded makes it easy to collect, enrich, and sync digital asset transactions to QuickBooks Online.
- Xero export support (onboarding our first Xero customers January 2021!) - Xero users can now export crypto transactions from Gilded in minutes.
- Coinbase integration - Businesses that prefer to use a trusted custodian can use their Coinbase account with Gilded to send and receive crypto payments.
- Transak integration - Businesses in over 30 countries can now purchase crypto directly in the Gilded app.
- Blocknative integration - Connect your crypto wallet to Gilded in seconds.
- Stablecoin issuers: Gilded has partnered with Paxos, TrustToken, QCAD, and Stasis to enable cross-border commerce
- Gilded's partnership with Ternio allows Gilded users to get paid in crypto and spend it instantly anywhere major credit cards are accepted
- Gilded and TrustSwap have partnered to bring transparency to tokenized communities
- Out of a competitive pool of applicants, Gilded was one of four companies to earn a spot in the 2020 AICPA and CPA.com Accelerator
- We're facilitating over $1 million per month in B2B blockchain payments
- We've onboarded thousands of users
- We've added Content Marketer Jonah Baer to the team
New advisors and investors 🦉
A CPA firm veteran and founder of the Sleeter Group, Doug has been a trailblazer in FinTech since the early 1990's. Accounting Today has repeatedly named Doug as one of the "Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting," and in 2017, The CPA Practice Advisor inducted him into the "Accounting Thought Leader Hall of Fame".
Doug's insight and support has been invaluable to our success. Thanks Doug!
Kelly is a sales powerhouse and a leader in the blockchain space since 2011. In 2018, Kelly was named a "Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Pioneer” by Forbes and received Microsoft's Innovation and Hypergrowth award for Women on the Block. She served as the Global VP of Sales for BlockApps until 2019 and lends her expertise as an advisor to several blockchain companies.
We can't thank Kelly enough for dedicating a sliver of her epic brain to Gilded.
CoinMarketCap uses Gilded to put their crypto payments on autopilot ✈️
Early this year, CoinMarketCap—the largest provider of crypto asset data—began using Gilded to accept cryptocurrency payments. Since deploying Gilded's solution, CoinMarketCap has sped up payments by 96% and slashed fees by 75%.
Download the case study to learn how CoinMarketCap uses Gilded to automate their accounts receivable process.
Our customers are raving. Here's what they had to say 🔊
"I seriously love Gilded. My business accepts a large number of cryptocurrency transactions and, before Gilded, our invoicing process was a nightmare. Gilded gives us the ability to offer our clients a variety of payment options in a way that is easy to manage for our operations team." —Ty Daniel Smith, Managing Director at Coinbound
"Super happy with Gilded. Invoicing in QB is a pain in the butt, esp in crypto so this solves a real problem." —Jessica Payne, Edge Wallet
"@GildedFinance is doing the job to make any transaction & crypto flow easily integrated to the @QuickBooks of our customers. #musthave" —Joris Delanoue, Fairmint
"Gilded makes the integration of the sales process to receipt of payment easier, enabling our team to focus on delivering value to customers instead of managing the payment process manually. We have more predictability and can leverage on Gilded’s initiatives on best practices as well.” —Spencer Yang, Former VP of Operations & Growth at CoinMarketCap
Educational content for accountants 📚
Accounting is in our DNA (and in our source code). As trusted advisors for businesses, we believe the power to drive mass adoption of digital assets rests in the hands of our accountants. That's why we've oriented our educational content around the superheroes of business—accounting professionals.
- Blockchain for Accountants Webinar 1 & 2, presented by our CFO Joey Ryan CPA
- Accounting in the Age of Digital Assets Webinar, presented by Joey Ryan in conjunction with Boomer Consulting
- Ask a Crypto CPA Anything - LIVE AMA presented by Joey Ryan with Shehan Chandrasekera and Dr. Sean Stein Smith
- Gilded exhibited at the AICPA'S ENGAGE 2020
- Gilded was featured in the Digital CPA Conference 2020's Learning Lab
- Joey Ryan was a contributing author for the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance's Stablecoins 2.0: Advanced Considerations for Accounting Practitioners whitepaper
- Joey Ryan contributed to the AICPA's Accounting for and Auditing of Digital Assets Practice Aid
- We launched our Accounting Partner Program 💪
Team interviews and appearances ✨
- Seamless invoicing with CFO Joey Ryan on Crypto Current
- Simplifying Crypto B2B Payments with Joey Ryan on Where Accountants Go
- Empowering Businesses with CEO Gil Hildebrand on The Divi Crypto Project's Podcast
- Gil Hildebrand on Stablecoins are killing it with Lou Kerner
- Crypto Finance with CXO Raina Casbon-Kelts on Women in Crypto
- The Secret to Getting Paid in Bitcoin - Raina Casbon-Kelts on About Crypto
Gilded in the news 🗞️
- Accounting Today: Gilded offers first open finance platform built on a blockchain
- PYMNTs.com: Gilded Introduces New B2B Tools For Coinbase Users
- Cointelegraph: Gilded Automates Crypto Payments for CoinMarketCap
- Yahoo Finance: Gilded announces the world’s first digital currency payments solution
- Business Insider: Gilded Automates Crypto Billing With Recurring Invoices
A message from CEO Gil Hildebrand
In the face of the current chaos in the world, we're grateful to all who have shared in this journey with us. We'd like to extend a big thank you to every single one of our customers, partners, and advisors, who helped make this Gilded's best year yet.
We're looking forward to a VERY busy and productive 2021. We've got lots of exciting things in the pipeline to announce early next year. Stay tuned! 🚀
Here's to a safe, restful holiday for all. We'll see you next year!
The Gilded Team
Want to see Gilded in action? Reserve your spot for a demo.